Moderate Level Trek (5 nights and 6 days)
Batch 1: 16 June 19 to 21 June 19 (Maximum no of participants 15)
Batch 2: 30 June 19 to 05 July 19 (Maximum no of participants 15)
Cost: 9000/- Rumsu to Rumsu.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to trek to Hampta Pass starts from mid-June to mid-October.
Overview Hampta Pass and Chandratal Lake Trek
Hampta Pass and Chandratal Lake Trek has considered the
easiest and expedient of all treks in H.P. Hampta Pass is an
unusual, distinct pass. It might not be the most adrenalin rush
giving or the most hunted after the trek, but certainly, it is a trek that will
leave you with a surprise of this beautiful place. The variant in the tracks is
enormous; open green pastures and meadows, charming landscapes, ice-cold
valleys, and an exclusive, adventurous and hair-raising crossing of the pass
makes this trekking a thrilling one. From the pass, you see the
Lahaul valley in one widespread panoramic curve. This delightful
trail is intended for everyone, right from adventurous/fit first timers to
seasoned hikers. The pass itself is very welcoming and poses fewer tasks or
dares compared to some of its brethren but is in no way a cakewalk. It is one of the greatest dramatic twists in the landscape you’ll experience!
Day 1: RUMSU BASE CAMP
Reach Rumsu Base camp by 12:00 Noon, our
representative will welcome you upon arrival. Upon arrival at base camp, a
welcome drink will be served and you complete the registration details. Rumsu
is an ancient village in Kullu valley, famous for its traditional values
despite being more than 1000 years old civilization. We will be taking you for
an acclimatization walk around the base camp. We will make you walk for approx.
2 km to ensure your body accustomed to the terrain and walking at higher
altitudes, which will help with your actual trek.
Here we will give you:
- An orientation session about the trek details.
- Trek preparations.
- Walking techniques.
- And backpack packing.
DAY 2: RUMSU BASE CAMP TO JWARA CAMP
After breakfast, we will start the trek to Jwara
Camp. Jwara is to the right of Chika and can be identified by a couple of
waterfalls in the distance. Head right but visit on the left bank of the
river throughout. The initial rise is mostly through boulders and stones. The
going is never too hard. The right bank of the river is secured with dwarf
Rhododendrons in the middle and lower region of the mountain and Birch trees nurture
at the upper end. The trek will be a steady climb; we will walk through the
forest of conifer to the alpine meadows. It will take us approximately 5 hours
to reach there.
DAY 3: JWARA CAMP TO BALU KA GHERA
From Jwara to Balu ka Ghera, the path is a
slope covered with snows and rocks. The place is shielded with snow and greens.
But it is said that this place was formed with the dust and sands dropped by
the river. Balu ka Gera site is a flat ground amidst the mountains that you
will cross the next day to reach the pass. Balu ka Gera is at an elevation of
11, 900 ft. At night, we will stay in the camps.
DAY 4: BALU KA GHERA TO SHEA GORU BY HAMPTA PASS
Again after breakfast, we will start our
journey to the Shea Goru. The trail is along the riverside. The view is incredible;
small orange and yellow flowers give a lovely picture to the river. The
riverside lines take you further to the base once the definite climb to the
Hampta pass takes place. Enjoy for some time in the pass, have your lunch, relish
the beauty around and then get ready for the next descent to Shea Goru. The
best possible way to get down is either by sliding down the slope or with the
use of ropes for support. Fix your camps on the grounds and leave for the night
with a feeling of pleasure at the heart.
DAY 5: SHEA GORU TO CHATRU
We will cover Shea Goru to Chatru by approx. 3 hours of easy downhill trek. Arriving
in Chatru, relax for a while and love its charming beauty. Chatru is a
beautiful camping site which is about 70 km away from Chandratal. You will
notice the Chandra River flowing below and a road that goes by its side. We
will take a Jeep from Chatru to reach Chandratal Lake. It is a very lovely
ride, it is a part of the spiti valley. Chandratal literally means “Moon Lake” and
is named so because of its curved nature. You are now in the Spiti part of the
Lahaul and Spiti district and you’re fenced by snow-capped highlands all
around! It’s a fascinating view indeed along with a comfortable ride!
DAY 6: CHATRU CAMP TO MANALI
After an early morning debriefing bid, the Spiti valley goodbye and head back to
Manali. The pure blue color of the lake has an incredible upshot to the
surroundings. The journey from Chatru to Manali passes through Rohtang
Pass and can take up to 5 hours by Jeep. The decor all through the route
is a treat in itself.
- On the trek and At-base camp, food will be
served as per menu throughout the day starting from morning tea till night hot
chocolate followed by (Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner)
- We will be bearing the forest permits/camping
charges if any
- We will provide you with comfortable sharing
tents (separate tents for male and female), cozy sleeping bags, and mats.
- Transportation from Patlikuhl to Manali
- Wooden trekking pole
- Safety equipment in case of emergency
- Certified Trek guide, helper, and cook will be
provided by us
- We will arrange porters or mules for carrying
- Services of a certified trek leader
- First aid/Medical kit
- And a bagful of happy memories for lifetime…
- Any food or accommodation in town or during
- Any expense of personal nature and cost of
- Any kind of insurance
- Any expense which is not specified in above
Things to carry
- A 35-45 liters backpack with water-proof lining.
- Comfortable and waterproof trekking or hiking shoes. We recommend thick sole and high ankles shoes.
- Wardrobe essentials like synthetic or waterproof 3 Hiking Pants or 3 track pants and 4-5 T-shirts
- 1 warm Jacket and 1 lightweight fleece
- Lunch Box and Water Bottle
- Raincoat, 4 pair of socks and gloves
- Warm Head cap/Warm Gloves
- Trekking pole
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Flashlight/Head Torch
- Prescribed medication, if any.
- Sunglasses (Optional)
- Bluetooth Speaker and Power Bank and Camera (Optional)
Instructions for Participants:-
- Smoking and drinking is strictly prohibited
during the trek and at camp side
- Taking and buying drugs or any type of illegal
activity is strictly prohibited
- Should follow the instruction given by the trek leader
- Separate tent for male and female
- Medical certificate from a certified doctor
(Format will be shared with you)
It’s easy, exciting and adventurous to climb
the mountains than canceling the lifetime memories.
- Cancellations up to 25 days prior to departure date –INR 1000/-
- Between 25 days to 10 days prior to departure – INR1800/-
- Cancellation within 10 days to departure-No Refund
Why trekking with TREKOGRAM?
We are a community of Indian trekkers, having
our base camp cum site office in Rumsu village of Himachal Pradesh. Our country
office is in the capital of India, Delhi. Our trek is organized in small
batches (maximum of 18 trekkers). We are here to give you the best trekking
experience without burning a hole in your pocket. Moreover, we use these funds
to save the Himalayas from carbon footprints and make it garbage free.
Our focus is not
just on completion of your trek but to develop basic trekking skills:-
- Save nature
- Walking during trek
- Ascend and descend on the mountain trails
- Packing Rucksack/How to pitch and Dismantle the camping tent
- Meditation/ Yoga/Stretching
- Hygiene and safety during the trek
Traveling with us is the best way to get up
close and personal with mountains, as our entire staff consists of locals from
Himachal, thus we guarantee you a true ranger experience.
Book with us today and get the best deals for
trekking tour packages.
Get set and go for it! Happy Wandering 🙂